Clinical Officers (7 posts) - Dar, Coast
The Clinical Officers will work in selected health facilities. Duties include recruit and following up study participants.
Position: Clinical Officer (7 posts)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station(s): Msata, Kawe, Makuburi, Bunju, Tegeta, Tandale and Kunduchi
Apply By: June 15th 2022
Ifakara is looking for qualified and experienced individuals to work as Clinical Officers. They will be required to work in a selected health facility where they will recruit and conduct follow up on study participants including clinical care of any medical condition as presented by study participants. Also, they will supervise community health workers and ensure the smooth recruitment of study participants, therefore shall possess excellent collaborative skills to work with the health facility staff and community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, follow up and provide clinical care to all study participants daily.
- Ensure all study-related forms are properly and accurately filled and data is entered in electronic data capturing tools daily.
- Respond to queries, concerns and issues raised by the supervisor/principal investigator or a monitor.
- Ensure that participants’ privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
- Oversee all field activities done at the site.
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meetings and actively participate in all meetings.
- Ensure the study is done according to the working protocol and adherence to the ICH Guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Maintain a close professional relationship with the government officials in the study area.
- Work with the study coordinator and PI to ensure that the study-specific SOPs are complete and are updated regularly.
- Work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity.
- Supervise clinical activities at the respective health facility.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- Fresh graduates with at least a six-month internship in clinical research are encouraged to apply.
Skills and Competencies
- GCP qualifications, experience in clinical research including coordination of recruitment, office organization and minimal financial skills.
- Moderate computer skills including Ms. Office tools i.e., Word, Excel etc.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Flexibility Trust and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Wednesday, June 15th 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: CLINICAL OFFICER - CORE TRIAL. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania