Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is one of Africa's most eminent health research organizations. With a history of more than 50 years, IHI is an independent, non-profit organization, registered in Tanzania and led by Tanzanians. Our institute won the Asturias Award for International Cooperation (2008) and several other national and international awards. This non-governmental organization conducts a wide range of health-related research, including biomedical and environmental studies, trials of drugs, vaccines and diagnostics, health-systems research, and monitoring and evaluation.TITLE: Senior System Administrator. Reporting To Information Technology Manager
LOCATION – Dar es Salaam
The senior system administrator is a second level manager, responsible in managing the Information Technology (IT) environment and services (including responsibility for information security) within IHI under the direction of IT Manager.
Information technology is part of Directorate of Knowledge Synthesis and will often work with information engineers to find solutions to manage research and administrative activities of the Institute.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages network operations to include: troubleshooting connectivity problems; installing & maintaining network devices and servers; adding/terminating users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing e-mail addresses; assessing and reporting operational status.
- Manages the acquisition, installation and maintenance of the organization’s hardware and software according to organization standards.
- Analyzes technology requirements and develops functional specifications. Conducts comparative analysis and competitive bidding when necessary.
- Manages technology inventory (hardware and software) to include procurement and disposal.
- Manages and administer mobile and data service operations such as CUG and APN
- Responsible for the day to day management of the ICT revenue and capital budgets.
- Responsible for preparing project IT budget and managing its execution in cost effective manner
- Manage ICT operational billing such as internet charges, software charges, and printing billing.
- Maintenance of current projects, following new and emerging projects and technologies
- Consulting with service development projects to fit ICT infrastructure and applications to ICT architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs
- Responsible for daily to daily supervision of System administrators.
- Plan and Decides on appropriate IT training solutions in conjunction with IT Manager and Human Resources department as appropriate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Solve IT problems by applying real-world technology challenges.
- Apply contemporary business principles integral to a reputable research institution.
- Leadership, team and consensus building skills.
REMUNERATION AND MODE OF EMPLOYMENT:
- University Degree or equivalent in a Computer studies discipline (such as BSc Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communication, Information Technology, Information Systems ) with GPA of at least 3.8
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in the field of ICT, preferably with management responsibilities
- Experience of supporting local area networks, SQL Server, and wide area networks
- Experience of administering Microsoft Server and Linux/Ubuntu
- CCNA and/or MCITP certification are mandatory
- CISSP, CeH, CISA or any ICT security certification will be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI scales.
- This is a 12 months contract which may be renewable for one year depending on performance.
Candidates meeting the above job requirements should send their applications with detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact address, e-mail, telephone numbers, names of three referees with their addresses & contacts; also, photocopies of academic and professional certificates to the following address::Chief Human Resources Officer Ifakara Health Institute,Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,P.O.Box 78373,Dar es Salaam.E mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgThe deadline for submission of application is on Wednesday 11st JUNE 2014, 17.00 hours. Only successful candidates will be called for Interviews.